Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 c flour
- ½ c sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c milk
- ⅓ oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ – 2 cups blueberries (you could change this up)
- 1 tsp lemon or orange zest (optional)
- ¼ c brown sugar, packed
- 1 T butter, softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ c old fashion oats (or you could use nuts)
- Heat oven to 400. Grease 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full. Blend streusel topping with a fork and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes